by Citymapper Limited
Today we’re bringing you the new iOS things: CHAT SAVER and AUGMENTED REALITY.
You know all those times where you’re spending half your texts with your friend being all “where u at” and you’re like “hold up im on my way homesnozzle” (Or whatever you kids say when it’s not about little vegetable pictures.) Anyway, we invented a way to save all that lowercase typing by just sending a live view of your trip right in the middle of your Messages chat. It’s like some Harry Potter snizzle, where every time your friend scrolls back in messages they can see where you are RIGHT NOW on your trip and how long it’s going to before you finally get there. You can do it by starting a GO trip and sharing with Messages, or hitting the little Citymapper icon at the bottom of Messages. Oh, and you can even add those confettis and lasers, we tried it.
We also got AUGMENTED REALITY. If you see a weird new button on your home screen, definitely touch it. You’ll enter a secret world where you can make your own scenes with Gobot, a tiny bus, and…hat guy. Experience the power of your new(ish) phone and explore the future of augmented reality. We call it CitymappAR, and we can’t wait to see what you’re going to do with it.
Seriously. Tweet us pictures. And help us figure out what the heck that hat guy’s name is.
Real-time departures. Transport maps. Line status and real-time disruption alerts. Uber integration. Live cycle hire info. Constant updates. Everything you need — and may not even realise you need — to manage your life in the city.
UK: London, Manchester, Birmingham.
EUROPE: Paris, Lyon, Berlin, Hamburg, Brussels / Belgium, Amsterdam / Randstad, Madrid, Barcelona, Milan, Rome, Lisbon, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Moscow, St Petersburg.
ASIA: Singapore, Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo.
AUSTRALIA: Sydney, Melbourne.
USA/CANADA: New York City, San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Baltimore, Seattle, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal.
LATIN AMERICA: Mexico City, São Paulo.
EXPANDING: VOTE for your city and we’ll add it citymapper.com/nextcity
* Winner of Grand Prix, Best Transport Startup and Best Mobile Startup – 2015 Europas Awards
* Apple’s 2014 and 2013 Apps of the Year
* Special Prize Winner – Tokyo Metro Competition 2015
* Grand Prize Winner – MTA New York City App Quest 2013
* Best Overall Mobile App 2014 (GSMA/Mobile World Congress)
* Designs of the Year 2014 – London Design Museum
* International Startups of the Year 2014 – Crunchies
* Essential App of the Year 2014 – Stuff Magazine
THOUSANDS OF 5-STAR REVIEWS:
* “Best app on my phone.”
* “Its reason alone to get an iPhone. It’s that good.”
* “Life changing. This app really changes the way you travel.”
* “I never thought I could love an app so much.”
* “It has it all. Everything in one place.”
* “BEST TRANSPORT APP EVER.”
* “This is simply the best app I’ve come across.”
* “This app makes me warm inside.”
* “Literally my favourite app. If any of my friends are looking for new apps, this is the one I suggest first.”
* “The only true five star app.”
* “Don’t know how I lived without it.”
* “Get these guys on the Queen’s birthday honours list.”
* “It’s become a weird and possibly sad fact of my life that waiting and receiving Citymapper updates have overtaken Christmases and birthdays on the anticipation and excitometer.”
* “I’m practically married to this app.”
* “Just when you think it can’t get any better. Boom. New amazing features are released.”
* “By far the most useful app I have and have ever had.”
AVAILABLE CITIES & SERVICES IN THE UK, HONG KONG & SINGAPORE
We use open data from transport agencies in the cities where we are live:
– London: Transport for London (TfL), Underground, Overground, DLR, Tramlink, National Rail, Santander Cycles.
– Manchester: Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM), Megabus, Magic Bus, First Greater Manchester, Stagecoach, National Rail.
– Birmingham: Midland Metro, Centro Metro, Centro Train, Arriva Trains, Virgin Trains, First Trains, Chiltern Railways, London Midland, Cross Country.
– Singapore: LTA, SMRT, SBS.
– Hong Kong: MTR, HK Tramways, Light Rail, Kowloon Motor Bus, Citybus, First Bus, First Ferry, Star Ferry, Discovery Bay Ferry & Bus, Park Island Ferry & Bus, Green Mini Bus.
KEEP IN TOUCH
If you have questions or feedback, please email us at email@example.com
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/thecitymapper
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Citymapper
Visit our website: http://citymapper.com
Please note that the app requires data access and works best with GPS / location on. Also, continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Background GPS is only used when in ‘GO’ navigation mode.